List of original works of art, Alexander Philip era, located in foreign countries under public or private ownership and are timelessly throughout the centuries, theft products.
Funny argument is the event of invocation, that these works are copies of ancient era and not the original works. These works belong to the Greeks and will look at international level, with all the legitimate ways, to be repatriated in their fatherland.
1. Horseback statue of Alexander Philip. ΄Ergo of
the Royal family sculptor Macedonian Argead dynasty, the famous Lysippus, that katigeto from Sicyon of Corinth. It was stolen by the Romans from the present archaeological site of Dion, Pieria, After the occupation of Greece by the Romans. It was revealed during the excavations of stoErkolano Italy. Today is under the illegal public possession of Italy, in the Archaeological Museum of Naples.
The project creation history, is the following. In the battle of the Granicus river in spring 334 e.g., Apollonia ίλη, with ilarcho Socrates and his commander Ptolemy Lagoy, had received the order of the first affixing – epelasews. Oiprwtoi 25 horsemen that efoneythisan at the first storming of the battle of the Granicus,etimithisan by Alexander I ordered the Lysippo, I painted these lads with 25 respective horseback statues, placed in our known Dion in Pieria. The 25 horseback statues accompanies and the statue of Alexander.
2. The 25 those on horseback statues were the following eventful
historical, typical example of looting and theft of Greek works of art. The 146 BC after the battle of pydna in Macedonia and the occupation of Greece by Rome, stolen from the Roman stinRwmi Kointo Metellus and transported, to formulate the eponymous Gallery of (Porticus Metelli). With the establishment of the Byzantine Empire, o Megas Constantine transferred some of these 25 horseback statues, that the Byzantine Hippodrome grace tisKwnstantinoypolis.
In later centuries and during the period of the Crusades, the 1204eklapisan anew by the Crusaders, from the site of the Byzantine Hippodrome in Istanbul and transferred for the second time in Italy, in the Basilica of San Marco in Venice. The 1799 Napoleon Bonaparte, the stole from the Cathedral of Venice, carried them in Paris and built in arch Carousel. After the fall of Napoleon 1815, the stolen Greek statues returned to Venice. Today rescued 4 – 5 bronze gilded horses, without their riders, in the Basilica of San Marco, tisItalias in Venice and relatively recently in the archaeological museum in the same city. Dion, Rome,Κωνσταντινούπολη, Venice, Paris, Venice, There has been over the centuries the tragic voyage of the theft of artworks of sculptor Alexander's staff, the famous Lysippus from Kiato (Fig trees) Korinthias. Debt of honor and kathikontosolwn of the Greeks, their repatriation to their fatherland, In Dion, Pieria, outside of Litochoro, the archaeological site. There are.
3. Mosaic of Lysippus, dedicated to the battle of Issus. The
mosaic that was printed in the early Greek sale
1950. It was stolen by the Romans in Syria, where he was in possession of his successors Seleucus, King of the Hellenistic Kingdom of the region, General and bodyguard of Alexander. Moved to Pompeii and suffered partial damage from volcanic lava, during the eruption of Vesuvius, It destroyed the famous city. Today the amazing artwork of Lysippus, located in the Archaeological Museum of Naples in Italy. The University of Naples has researched thoroughly the style and colors of mosaic, discovering even more known, except Darius and Alexander, persons, with the use of laser technology and partial magnification on a computer, parts of the whole project.
4. Alexander's head. Found in Megara. Now located at moyseioGkety (J. Paul Getty), in California, u.s.a. It is so far unknown, the details of the illegal exit of Greece from the head and the legalization of the occupation of the Americas, otherwise the legal history of theft and the illegal occupation and misappropriation.
5. Bust of Alexander, head to the entire chest, of the year 300 e.g., tmimaapo marble statue. After the battle of the Granicus, the release of Miletus from the Persians, Alexander visited the Priene, an old Greek town, who suffered from the floods of the river Meander, and for this reason xanachtizotane in a slope of Mycale.
The Temple of Athena at the most prominent Knoll of Priinis, He met the generosity of Alexander, as testifies the votive inscription : King Alexander anethike the Athinaiii Poliadi Temple. Located in the Archaeological Museum of Berlin (Antikenmuseum) in Germany. Found during the excavations of Priinis. The leptomereiesparanomis occupation of ΄Agnwstes mind project, by the German authorities.
6. Amphora from Ruvo, 330- 320 e.g., depicting the battle of Darius to Alexander, in the central zone of the amphora, probably the battle of Issus. The horseback Alexander is depicted on horseback. Today is the National Archaeological Museum of Naples in Italy. ΄Agnwstes time to find details and illegal occupation of the vessel.
7. Gold Medal depicting the form of Alexander. Found in the Ampoykir of Egypt. Today is located in the Archaeological Museum of Berlin, in Germany. ΄Agnwstes time to find details and having in mind the medal.
8. Marble bust of Alexander, head to the entire chest, found in Hock. Now located in the Museum of Copenhagen in Denmark. ΄Agnwstes find time and details of occupation, by the authorities of Denmark.
9. Engraving in sardonycha, depicting Alexander horned, and indicates allegorically Apollo Karneio, that was one of the most ancient deities of Macedonia. Work of 325 e.g. about. Amazing masterpiece by the hand of Pyrgoteli, leading engraver and personal friend of Alexander. Is currently in the Cabinet de Medailles, Raris, in France. ΄Agnwstes time to find details and illegal occupation, from the French authorities.
10. Mineral Cameo with Alexander and Olympias, probably work of Pyrgoteli. Located at the Museum of art history in Vienna, in Austria (Kunsthistorisches Museum), 350-300 BC. Another similar is located in Saint Petersburg in Russia.
11. Three (3) Winning Medals of Alexander. Amazing knick-knacks of Greek monetary art. Probably created by areas tisMakedonias, during the period of the Roman occupation of Greece, they had the right to organize sports competitions, as Veria, iPerinthos in Thessaloniki and Thrace. The sides depict Philip and Alexander, While the opisthotypes sides depict Alexander with the chariot of winged victory and in Lion hunting. Found the 1867, purchased by officers of Napoleon Iii and reimbursed at the current national library tisGallias. Find details missing and illegal market.
12. A (1) Medal with obverse bearing Athena with helmet decorated with snake and Verso Alexander in Lion hunting. StisSerres was found by the Englishman Colonel Leake, and from the 1864 approximately located at Fitzwilliam Fund, at Cambridge, in England. ΄Agnwstes the details of illegal occupation and misappropriation.
13. Bust of Alexander, work of Lysippus, known as bust of Azara. Found in Tivoli, in Italy and in possession of Azara, the Spanish Ambassador to Rome and subsequently in Paris. Through this the Lord, the bust of Alexander passed into the hands of Napoleon of Korsikanoy. Today brisketaiparanoma in France, the Louvre Museum in Paris. The place belongs to the Museum of Pella, they have probably stolen by the Romans.
14. Alexander – Sun – Kosmokratwr. By Amiso of Pontus, of 350 – 300 b.c.. Today is located in Brussels, Belgium, Musee du Cinquantenaire in. Unknown details of illegal lathrokatochis from the Belgian authorities and the probable transaction.
15. Miniature shield depicting Alexander – ΄Ilio. Found in the tomb of Love in Eretria Evia. Today lies in America, at the Museum of fine arts in Boston. Unknown details of illegal exit from Greece and illegal lathrokatochis, from the American authorities. The location of this project belongs to the Archaeological Museum of Chalkida.
16. Input capital palaces : Complex Ionic capital from entering the palaces of goats (Vergína). Is this an expatriate in the Louvre. It belongs to the archaeological site of Vergina, not in the Louvre. Claim in any legal manner and at international level the repatriation of, in the land where it belongs. There in the same place, where see Philip, Alexander, the Olympiad.